Coupon Management User Guide
Pavemint’s Coupon Management tool allows listing hosts to create coupons for customers to use at their parking lot(s). These coupons will lower the cost of parking for customers who redeem them during purchase checkout. Please note, the reduction in parking cost from your coupons will lower the amount of income you generate.
Accessing Coupon Management
After logging into your Pavemint organization, click on “Coupon Management” which can be found on the top navigation bar or by clicking the menu button.
Coupon Management Layout
- List View - an overview of all your coupons
- Create Coupon Code button - clicking this opens a coupon creation form
- Edit button - clicking this allows you to edit your coupon
- Page Navigation - allows you to navigate through all your pages of coupons
This is a display of all the existing coupons you’ve created. By default, coupons are sorted by the order they are created. Clicking on any of the column headers allows you to sort by that column type.
List View columns
- Code - the name of your coupon code
- Amount - the dollar value of the coupon
- # Activated - the number of customers who have activated the coupon
- # Redeemed - the number of customers who have successfully redeemed the coupon during purchase
- Expiration Date - the date the coupon expires and is no longer valid for customers to use
- Maximum # of Coupons - the total number of times a specific coupon can be redeemed
Creating Coupon Codes
Clicking the “Create Coupon Code” button on the Coupon Management page will open a coupon creation form. To cancel the coupon creation, simply click the X or click outside of the form.
Start creating your coupon by entering a name in the “Code” field. This is the coupon name that a driver will enter when purchasing parking at your parking lot.
There are two types of coupons that can be created - Flat Rate and Percent Off coupons. Click the toggle to switch between the two types:
- Flat Rate coupons - this is a flat dollar amount coupon. (Example: $5 off of parking)
- Percent Off - this coupon can discount the cost of parking between 1 and 100% up to a specific dollar amount of your choosing. (Example: 50% off of parking up to $10)
Uses & Driver Fields
- Max Uses Per Driver - this is the number of times each driver may use your coupon when purchasing parking
- Max # of Drivers - this is the maximum number of drivers that can redeem your coupon
- Total # of Coupons - this is a non-editable field let’s you know how many total coupons can possibly be redeemed. It multiplies the “Max Uses Per Driver” field times the “Max # of Drivers” field to get a total
- Expiration Date - the date entered here will be the final date a driver may redeem your coupon
You can create coupons that can be used across one or more of your parking listings. Simply check the box of each listing you want your coupon to be valid at. Checking the “Select All” box will select all the listings at once. Unchecking it will deselect all of the listings.
Once you have finished filling out all of the fields on the coupon creation form, click on the “Create Coupon Code” button to save your new coupon. A success message will appear at the top of the screen to let you know your coupon was created. The new coupon will also display at the top of the Coupon Management List View.
Now that you’ve created a new coupon, you can share it with your customers. They can enter the coupon code during the checkout process when purchasing parking.
Clicking on the “Edit” button next to the coupon will display all the details of that coupon code.
The following fields can be edited:
- Max Uses Per Driver
- Max # Of Drivers
- Expiration Date
After making any edits, click the “Update Coupon” button to save your changes.
You can also add or remove listings the coupon can be activated at. Check or uncheck the desired listings and click the “Update Coupon” button to save your changes.
At the top of the Edit Coupon form is an OFF/ON toggle. By default, when creating a coupon, the coupon will be turned on for drivers to activate and redeem. If you wish to turn off the coupon and prevent any further redemptions, simply switch the toggle OFF and click the “Update Coupon” button to save your change. You can turn a coupon off temporarily or permanently. If you decide to turn the coupon back on, it will be active for drivers to use as long as the coupon has not expired or reached its Total # of Coupons limit.
Deleting a Coupon
A coupon can only be deleted if it has never been activated or redeemed by a customer. If the coupon has never been activated or deleted, a red “Delete Coupon” button will appear on the coupon edit menu. To prevent further coupon activations at a listing, either toggle the coupon OFF or uncheck the listing box and click the “Update Coupon” button.